Saturday, March 20, 2010

Washington 1






I have been Suzy McTraveler this month, and my latest adventure led me to Washington, D.C. It was great being back in city I love (and miss), and it was wonderful to see old friends.

Attempting to document my former commute on Metrorail, I ran into a big of a snag with Metro security . . . a couple of times. Eluding arrest, I managed to get some great shots. I am hopeful the resulting body of work will live up to my expectations.

The highlights: I was able to visit with several D.C. friends, as well as meet up with Nebraska Erica, who was introducing The District to her poetic genius. I caught a lovely orchid exhibit at the National Botanic Garden, stopped by the Hirshhorn Museum (not that interesting despite its reputation), spent time in Eastern Market, and discovered a few new and wonderful coffee/restaurant establishments.

I was delighted to see the Columbia Heights neighborhood progressively developing into a safe, exciting neighborhood. I was also pleased to know scary H Street has come a long, long way in the five years I've been gone. Good job, Washington.

Images: I'm uploading a bunch for your viewing pleasure. I'll begin with some images from Capitol Hill and Eastern Market. Orchids and others to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment